Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A day dedicated to a donut-like treat...


How can anyone love a Paczki more than me? Here's a hint: they can't.

However, I would like to dedicate this blog posting today for those who have not yet discovered Paczki heaven. Max suggested I make my own paczkis. Although I am certain this will have to be a weekend effort, I am proud to say that I believe some time soon I will have to take on this challenge. (Although it's hard with Lent starting, uh, tomorrow!)

In any case, I stopped by Downer Grove(DG) Ingram'sBusy Bee Bakery in downtown DG. Got there at 5:40AM, the bakery was fully staffed, and they were hopping, even though they didn't open 'til 6AM!!! Anyways, I selected a dozen from their 24 (!) different varieties. What kinds did I buy for the staff?
Lemon
Apricot
Pineapple
Bavarian Creme with Chocolate Icing
Strawberry
Poppyseed
Prune
Raspberry
Fresh Strawberry
Chocolate Buttercream
Apple
Cheese

And which one was for my self? The heavenly (or sinfully) delicious chocolate buttercream of course!!! Why? Well, it's Lent tomorrow. So I'd better get my sugar fix in now, since I'm giving up baked goods. Also, I figure it's like an inside-out cake. The frosting on the inside instead of the outside/top. And there's nothing better than cake. A few things that are just as good, but nothing is really better.

No comments: