Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cherry Cheesecake***


Cherry Cheesecake
Originally uploaded by Mrs.Catman

Crust:
2 sheets of graham crackers, crushed
1 handful of almonds, crushed
2 T. butter, margarine, Smart Balance--melted
(save just a bit to crumble over the top)

Combine and press into the bottom of 2 ramekins.

7-8 oz ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
about 1/4 c. cherry pie filling (or any kind of jam)
1 T. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla

Mix/cream the mixture, pour into ramekin. Bake until done. (I used our toaster oven at about 350 or 375 degrees, for about 20-30 minutes and just kept my eye on it.)

Use some of remaining pie filling to cover tops and sprinkle graham/almond mixture on the top as garnish.

***These are completed but have not been tasted yet.
Also, I used the leftover cherry sauce from the cherry pie from the other day, so God help me if I try making it again.


Ok, we tried them. They were a little over-cooked, but still delicious. I would definitely add more cherry sauce. Mr. Catman (who does not like cheesecake) ate the whole thing. Score 1 for the Mrs.

1 comment:

Proud Italian Cook said...

I love this with the ricotta addition! As I'm a HUGE ricotta fan!